Our rooms are available for many different functions and family celebrations
If you are interested in hiring one of our rooms or would like information, please email the booking clerk at [email protected] and please confirm the date you require, times to and from (include setting up time and packing away time also), your full address including postcode and the reason for the party i.e. baby shower, children’s party etc… also please include number of guests and if you are having entertainment or a bouncy castle.
If you wish to view the hall please contact our Caretaker on 07765 708106 – please leave a message and she will get back to you.
PROSPECTIVE HIRERS TO NOTE:
- Our normal hours of hire, apart from Bank Holidays, are from 9am–11 pm weekdays and 9am-12 midnight Saturday’s and 9am-10.30pm Sunday’s
- The hours booked and paid for must include the time required for setting up and clearing away.
- Any agreement to hire will be subject to the Chelmer Village Hall’s Terms & Conditions of Hire and the hirer will agree to accept personal responsibility for the hiring.
- All rubbish must be removed from the premises at end of the Hiring.
- Please do not park on the green – you will be fined quite heavily if this happens, always use the Asda’s car park – they do charge you after 3 hours, we have no control over this. They charge you via app on your phone – please see the signs in Asda’s car park.
- The hall does not have an alcohol license at present.
- The management committee of Chelmer Village Hall operates the “Good Neighbour” principle. Please do your best to ensure that your guests/participants at any event leave the premises as quietly and promptly as possible.
NOTE: Hire fees for either room vary depending on the time and day of the week, and what category of customer you are (eg commercial, charity, parish resident).
|from £24.00 ph (excluding Saturday evenings)
|from £13.00 ph (excluding Saturday evenings)
|from £195.00 (Saturday evening hire 7pm – 12 midnight)
Feedback is always welcome.
Whether it is to let us know that everything went smoothly from start to finish or if there is anything that you feel we can improve on. Questionnaire sheets are sent to our hirers they can also be downloaded from this site. Please take a few minutes to fill in the questionaire and return it either by post or email.